Wasp stings can prove to be quite painful, especially to those who have never experienced them before. Should you find yourself stung this season, follow these steps below.
- Apply a cold compress, such as an ice pack, to the affected area. This will help numb the sting and help with swelling.
- Consume the recommended amount of painkillers, such as ibuprofen to help ease the pain.
- Consume the recommended amount of antihistamines to help reduce the swelling that has occurred around the sting.
If you or someone you know starts to exhibit signs of anaphylaxis, which occurs when someone is allergic to the poison in the sting, call a medical professional immediately. These warning signs include:
- Trouble breathing and/or wheezing
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Upset stomach
- Faintness and/or dizziness
- Swelling in the face and/or mouth
- Trouble swallowing